Thursday, December 12, 2013

Rabbits Are Naughty

One thing I have learned in my life is that rabbits are really naughty. They are bad little bunnies.

:: The Truth About Rabbits::


The day I brought Jack Rabbit home.
For more than eight years, I had a pet rabbit, Jack. In the middle of those years, I had a second rabbit, Katie. So yeah, I'm kind of an expert. For those of you who don't know, Jack and Katie lived in the house much like a cat. They used a litter box, had the run of the house for the most part and were trained not to jump on the furniture. Don't get me wrong, Jack and Katie were amazing pets. (For some reason, I couldn't find many pictures of Katie, so this post features Jack).

:: Perks to Having A Pet Rabbit ::


They love to watch Saturday morning TV with you.
They enjoy playing video games with you.
They love hanging out at the pool, all day.
They enjoy going for walks at the park.
They are great at playing hide and seek. (He's behind the curtain.)

:: What No One Tells You About Pet Rabbits ::
 
They WILL eat anything and everything in sight. This was a pillow from my sofa.
They think Christmas trees are for dinner and Christmas tree lights are for dessert.
They will eat your homework.
Sorry for the blurry picture, but you try to catch a homework eating rabbit in the action!
They believe you washed your clothes so they could make a bed in your laundry basket.
Have you seen how much a rabbit will shed!
If you try to punish them with a time out in their cage, they will spend the time plotting their revenge.
They will make a giant mess in your apartment while you are at school and blame it on your roommate.


Rabbits require extreme measures to get them out of a hiding spot.
They will get themselves stuck in the craziest spots - like behind the entertainment stand.

So there you have it. All the things that no one will tell you about having a pet rabbit. Would I have still brought Jack home had I know the whole truth - certainly. But I would have been better prepared for the craziness that is owning a fluffy little bunny. Oh well, Live and Learn!


Life As Always
 
I'm linking up with Jamie, Lindsey, Jenni and Sarah for this week's
Live & Learn Thursday!
 
Be sure to stop by the link- up and check out all the other fun posts!

4 comments:

  1. Visiting from Sarah's (Life As Always).

    Can I just say...holy crap! I had NO IDEA pet rabbits were so "pet-like." Seriously, the swimming photo? And the one where he is plotting his revenge? That just made my whole morning. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is my very favorite post from our link up today! So funny. At the beginning before you started showing all the "things noone tells you" I literally thought, "huh, I need a rabbit" then you scared me! I had NO CLUE that rabbits like water and will swim. Your look like they have so much personality! So fun. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww how cute?!?! I literally aww-ed and laughed all the way through. Someone I used to work with had a house rabbit, she used to tell me all kinds of tales of him chewing through any cables he happened upon, and loads of other general destruction. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, all those photos are so cute, even the ones where he is being naughty. This makes me regret never bringing my rabbits into the house when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete