Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What a whirlwind!

I am so tired. I haven't had a minute to just breathe since last Friday night. I have been on the move to keep up with work this week and to get ready for our trip. So here it is, quick and brief weekend wrap up; this is about all I can manage right now... How my eyes are still open after the very little amount of sleep I've gotten recently, I just don't know.

Joel and I headed over to Collective On Tap in Woodinville for some drinks and dinner on Friday night to relax a bit. With over forty beers on tap from tons of local breweries and some good pub food, it was the perfect place for us.




 
 
 
Saturday was filled with Joel working from home, me running errands, and in the evening we headed over to the Arnett's house for some barbecue and games. Julie and Mike came over after work and we had a great time playing a new game, well new to us, Cards Against Humanity; picture adult Apples to Apples. 


I spent all day Sunday deep cleaning the house from top to bottom (because I have to have a spotless house when I leave on vacation...), grocery shopping and cooking our meals for the short work week, laundry, more errands, and some yard work. Joel spent the day working from home again. He has a big release coming up, so he is also crazy busy at the office.

Monday and Tuesday this week have just been nuts. I have been working on a pretty big project at work that is wrapping up today (thank the heavens!) and then I need to go straight home and pack my bags for the Odell Family Reunion in Arkansas. Our flight leaves early in the morning tomorrow and our luggage is still in the closet. We haven't packed a thing. Oh well, sleep is overrated right!!??

Stay tuned for updates from Arkansas! It will be my first time meeting Joel's dad's side of the family. We are gathering from all over the country; Washington, Michigan, Texas, North Carolina, and other states, I am sure. I have yet to meet anyone in his family who doesn't live within an hour drive of our house, so I am pretty excited for this trip. I am not looking forward to the 100* weather with 100% humidity, but what can you do? Watch out Arkansas - Joel and Jess are headed your way!

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder why you and I don't hang out more outside of work... but now I see that we are just far too much alike; we both have crazy hectic schedules and no time to breathe! But one of these days we really will have to make it a priority. :-)

    Hope you're having fun in Arkansas!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete