Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Singing to my own tune.

We all do it... hear a song and sing along to the lyrics only to find that we don't have the words right!

Well, today I messed up Daft Punk and Pharrell Williams' Get Lucky so bad that Joel is still laughing at me for it.  I was singing "Grew up on Mexican Rugby" but the actual lyrics are "We're up all night to get lucky". I don't know what to say. I swear that is what they were saying! Listen for yourself!


Another song that I can never hear the correct lyrics to is Swedish House Mafia's Don't You Worry Child. No matter what I do, all I hear is "Don't you worry child, Seattle has a plan for you" instead of the correct lyrics, "Don't you worry child, See heaven's got a plan for you".  I still can't hear the correct lyrics!

 
I think I like my lyrics better. Maybe I should become a famous song writer.
Maybe not.
 
What are the songs you sing your own tune to?

1 comment:

  1. I do the exact same thing. "Hold me closer, Tony Danza..." I was like what? Someone wrote a whole song about that guy? And you have totally ruined "Don't You Worry Child" for me... I only hear your revised lyrics now. :-)

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete