Monday, May 6, 2013

What do I do?

Day 6: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, "what do you do"?


I organize. There is so much I want to accomplish in my life, from daily activities like laundry and workouts, to big picture stuff like travel and raising a family. I worry sometimes that it won't all happen and I will look back on my life one day and I will have regrets.

So I organize. I plan and I make lists. I start from sunrise and don't stop until sunset. It starts on Sunday and I plan out my whole week; I know which days I will be going to the gym, which day I will weed the flowerbeds, which day I will run errands, and what I will eat all week. If we have an activity planned for the weekend, I plan out everything we might do, what we need to make it all happen, and when I will have time during the week to prepare for the weekend.

Joel and I like to spend as much time with all our friends and family members as possible, so we plan out our lives months and months in advance. Our calendar gets so full, but it is the only way I know we will see everyone and we won't miss out on any of the fun!

At work I help to plan events, big and small, I track archives, I manage large marketing documents, co-chair one committee, serve on a couple other committees, and I manage several websites, just to name of a few of things I am responsible for. All of these tasks involve other team members and I help to coordinate the work.

I'm also a control freak, so organizing tames the beast within that needs to be in control. If I feel like my house in order, my plans are made and my lists are checked off, then I stop worrying about things going wrong. I'm trying to cut back on my controlling ways, but I am who I am...

So I organize. That is what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment