Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Best Things Ever!

Day 14: Ten things that make you really happy.


Joel. Hands down the best thing to ever happen to me, is the man who picked me for his wife. I am crazy, over the moon, beyond repair, in-love with this man - and I love it! Even the smallest gesture, means so much to me when it comes from Joel. He is patient, loving, witty, adventurous, loyal and generous. I know I can depend on him for anything. Nothing makes my day brighter than knowing I am going home to Joel.


Sunshine. When it gets warm outside and the sun comes out from behind the Seattle Clouds, I just want to be outside, soaking up all the sun I can get. I get a strong desire to start planning hikes, camping trips, day trips, long drives, backyard parties, anything to just be outside. I love the sunshine!


Family. My family is the best. I know that anytime I am around my family there is going to be laughter. Even the routine can be fun with my family. Even my extended family is a kick in the pants. I have been told my family is intimidating (there are a lot of us and we are loud when we are all together), but we are a fun, loyal and kind bunch of people. I wouldn't have it any other way!


Friends. Joel and I have made many friends throughout the years and we try to spend lots of time with everyone. We go on trips, we plan barbeque's and get together. But it doesn't matter what we do, I just love spending time with our friends. There is never a dull moment when we get together. 


Organizing. I love to organize. The whole process is so rewarding to me that I am always thinking of the next project I want to tackle. I love to empty out a closet, throw away all the junk, sort the items to keep and find the perfect home for each item left. It brings me a sense of calm and order; like I am finally back in control of this space.

Travel. Joel and I have both always wanted to travel and see far off places. So far we have been able to take a few trips and I just love it! Seeing new places, trying new food, and going on new adventures is something that I love to do. Our travels don't always require a passport or an airplane, but we have just as much fun our local trips as we do on our international trips.  There are just too many places on our list that we are not sure where to visit next!


Accomplishments. I love to get things done, check them off the list, and feel like I did something with my day. I feel guilty if I go home from work and sit on the couch until bed time. I always get this sense of having missed an opportunity to accomplish something with my time. I love it when I am able to check a few items off my never ending to-do list.

Finding the Perfect Gift. I love that feeling when you find the perfect gift for someone. When you  know it is just the right thing for them. I put a lot of thought in the gifts I give people and when I get it correct, it feels great.

Reading a Great Book. I love to read and have read a lot of good books over the years. But what I really love is when you stumble across that really, really great book. A book that grabs you from the start and never lets you go. That is how I felt the first time I read Water for Elephants or The Help or even Angela's Ashes. There is just nothing like reading a great book.


My Bed. I love our bed. I love to sleep. I am usually asleep within ten minutes of hitting my pillow, but those ten minutes are heaven on earth. I love the weight of the blankets, the softness of my pillow and the sound of Joel's breathing next to me. They are the most peaceful moments of day and I soak it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment