Sunday, January 20, 2013

Silver Spoon Tahi Restaurant - Restaurant Review

Joel and I meet up with my dad, sister Julie, sister Jackie and her husband Chris at the Lynnwood Barnes and Noble for some book shopping last night. Dad had a couple gift cards he needed to use and my sisters and I love to read, so we were game for a trip to the book store.

After loading up on lots of new books, we headed over to Silver Spoon Thai Restaurant for some dinner. I was surprised at how nice it was inside, this was no ordinary Thai restaurant. They had a floor to ceiling fish tank full of all kinds of fish and a grand piano in the dinning area.

Silver Spoon Thai Restaurant & Bar
This very cool fish tank made a statement as you entered the dinning area.
The decor was very modern and the live piano music made it feel very fancy.
It was about 4:40pm when we arrived, so our party of six was quickly shown to our table. We quickly started the discussion of what appetizers to order, all that book shopping had made us all pretty hungry. It was quickly narrowed down to the Crab Delight and the Tod Mun, which I had never had before. The Crab Delight was pretty good, but not the best I have had. The Tod Mun, on the other hand, was pretty fantastic. I would order this again, for sure!


Crab Delight
Deep-fried wonton wrap stuffed with fresh crab meat
and cream cheese, served with sweet and spicy plum sauce.
Tod Mun
Spicy fish cake made with red curry paste, green bean
& kaffir lime leaf & deep fried served with cucumber dipping sauce.
I had a really hard time deciding what to order, no big surprise there, but I finally decided to stick with an all time favorite, Phad Thai. Why mess with a good thing right? Joel decided to order the Pad Se Ew, one of his favorite Thai dishes. I believe it was our third date when I introduced him to this marvelous dish. We both really liked our dinner and thought they were delicious. Joel felt his meal had the right amount of spice - I could tell by the sweat on his forehead it was too much for me!

Phad Thai
Thai rice noodles with bean sprouts, green onion,
and egg stir-fried in Phad Thai sauce and sprinkled with ground peanuts.
Phad See-Ew
Wide rice noodles with broccoli and egg stir-fried in sweet soy sauce.
Everyone was happy with their dishes and really liked the restaurant. I think we will be visiting the Silver Spoon again!

No comments:

Post a Comment