Friday, January 4, 2013

Mayuri - Restaurant Review

I decided that I didn't feel like figuring out what we would have for dinner tonight, so I sent Joel a text letting him know that we were eating out or he was picking something up on his way home from work. Joel decided we were going out to eat, so we decided to try an Indian restaurant about four miles from our house. Once we arrived at Mayuri, we were seated right away and it wasn't long before I had a Taj Mahal beer in hand.

We decided to start with the vegetable samosas which are two deep fried pastries with mildly spiced potatoes & peas. Joel really liked what I ordered at Masala of India, so he decided to order the chicken korma which is chicken cooked in yogurt, coconut and spices. I settled on the butter chicken; chicken cooked in butter sauce. We decided to share an order of garlic naan, bread baked in the tandoori oven, topped with fresh garlic, because you always get naan when you eat Indian food!

Vegetable Samosas
Garlic Naan
Butter Chicken
I don't know if was the fact that it was a Friday night after a very long day at the office or the fact that I didn't have to cook, but dinner was amazing! Joel lingered for a bit, slowly enjoying every bit our dinner and they didn't seem to mind. The service was great and the food left nothing to be desired. We will be back for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment