Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!

This year was a very busy Christmas for Joel and I. Our holiday weekend started off right, by meeting up with Anna and Robert to watch the Huskies play in the MAACO Bowl. On our way home from Puyllaup, we finished up the last of our shopping, before heading home to open to our own gifts we got for each other.

Sunday we drove up to Snohomish to spend the day with Joel's parents and his sister's family. Judy made us a delicious dinner complete with a roast grilled on the BBQ. It was so good. Everyone gave really thoughtful gifts and they each liked what Joel and I had picked out for them. It was a wonderful afternoon, spent catching up with what everyone has been up to and enjoying each others company. After a quick stop at the Utt's house to help Connor set up his new XBox Live account, we headed north to Whatcom County for Christmas activities with my family.

Joel loves the new cold weather biking gloves his mom gave him.
I'm so excited to wear my new Husky coat to next football game.

On our way to my parent's house, we stopped at Amy and Mark's house. We don't get to see each other as often as we would like, since they live in Ferndale. Amy and Mark were the perfect hosts with lots of holiday drinks and fun. We played Quelf, a board game that is similar to Cranium, but I had never heard of before. It was really fun and made us do strange things. Joel danced like a ballerina, Amy sat around with a box under her shirt, Mark kept repeating "Hear me, for I have spoken" after each sentence, and for a while I had a dirt bike helmet on. We were having so much fun, we ended up staying the night at their house.

Joel and Mark in the middle of a leap frog game
It isn't every day that I wear a dirt bike helmet!
The kitty just loved Joel!
Amy with a wine glass on her head and a box in her belly...
Mark, having a good time!
In the morning, I visited with their ducks.
Amy's Golden Oats
After a quick breakfast of Golden Oats that Amy whipped up for us, Joel and I were off to my parents house for some Hudson Holiday Fun. Mom had the kitchen in a frenzy when we arrived; she was making so many yummy treats. I tried to stay out of there as my waist line was already growing due to the holidays and it didn't need any extra help. Jaisha and Steve stopped by with my adorable little nephew so we could exchange gifts. We had a lot of fun watching Kaleb open his gifts and play with his new toys.

Joel napped on the couch for most of the morning.
My Nephew - Kaleb!
Playing his new new truck from Grandma and Grandpa.
Reading the directions for his new blocks from Jackie and Chris.
Opening his gift from Joel and me.
Joel decided to help Kaleb get started.
He is just so stinking cute!
Getting some snuggles from Grandma
Before we knew it, it was time to head over to Aunt Pat and Uncle Gordy's house for the annual James Family Christmas Gathering. Lucky for us, they live only a mile down the road, so it is a short drive from my parent's house. I always seem to forget how many of us there are, until we are all in the same house together. The usual holiday traditions took place; the little kids exchanged gifts, the ladies had a white elephant gift exchange and the men played blackjack. There was so much food, tasty desserts, and drinks that I stuffed myself silly. I promised myself with each bite that I would get back on my weight lost plan the very next day; right!

The future Mr. and Mrs. Kanda - Leann is engaged to Sean!
Uncle Gordy photo bombed Jaisha and Kaleb
Jackie, Mom, Tonna and Riley are ready to open gifts.
Joel thinks they are all for him! Poor Guy, they are for the kids!
Maddy and Moriah
Aunt Karen and Leann
All the James Family Ladies!
(... well almost, a few weren't able to make it - I told you there were a lot of us!)
All the guys like to play blackjack and most years I shuffle the cards for them.
Joel and I spent the night at my parent's house and woke up to the smells of the breakfast that my dad makes every year; cream of egg soup. It sounds strange, but it is so good! I like to break up my scrapple (an east coast thing) and mix it into my soup. This year dad cooked up a whole package of bacon just for Joel. After breakfast we lounged around watching movies and eating more food. About ten minutes into Home Alone, it started to snow! It was a white Christmas after all! In the late afternoon, Joel and I packed up our bags, gathered up our leftovers, and headed for home.

Christmas always seems to pass by us so quickly and before we know it, we are back at work. It won't be long and we will be celebrating the new year and taking down the decorations!

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment