Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Sunday Full of Holiday Cheer

Our Sunday was filled to the brim with holiday cheer. We started the day by attending the candle light service at Jack and Judy's church. Judy plays the violin in her church choir so we went to watch her play. We went to the service along with Joel's sister Julia, her husband Kendall, and her two wonderful kids Makenzie and Connor. After the service we went to eat at Hunan Palace, in Everett. We have eaten here several times as a family, as it is one of Jack's favorite restaurants. The food pretty good and the service is always excellent.

Joel, Me, Judy, Connor, Jack, Makenzie, Julia, and Kendall
After our meal, Joel and I headed up to Jackie and Chris's house in Marysville for some holiday fun. We brought over a few gifts to exchange with each other. Jackie and I had planned in advance to give Chris and Joel remote control helicopters for Christmas. Chris had received one previously, but Joel proceeded to break it, his first time flying Chris's helicopter. The boys were so excited to each have their own helicopters and the ability to fly them at the same time. They spend the rest of of the night, trying out their flying skills. Julie, Jackie and I spent the evening being terrorized by tiny helicopters.

Everyone had fun opening their gifts.
Joel and Chris got matching Wolf Pack shirts!
Joel and I love our new Husky sweatshirts! Thanks Jackie & Chris!
...and Julie for the bunny ears.
Chris and Joel love their new helicopters.
I thought it would be fun to have a hot chocolate bar and so I brought the ingredients to make hot chocolate from scratch. I have never made my own hot chocolate, but now that I have, I will make sure to make it a holiday tradition - it was so good! I found the recipe online and it was very easy to make!

First I gathered all the ingredients.
The first step is to combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan.
Next, blend in boiling water and bring this mixture to a easy boil while stirring.
After two minutes at an easy boil, stir in the milk. Heat this until it is very hot, at a near boil.
Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
After dividing the hot chocolate into mugs, add cream to cool it to drinking temperature.
All our yummy topping options!
Julie's cup of hot chocolate, all ready to drink!
My cup of hot chocolate - so good but so bad!
Joel was loving his hot chocolate!
I was so excited to get home and try out my new lamp on my entry table!
Christmas Duck approved!
 Days like today are why I love the Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment