Friday, June 8, 2012

Sweet Potatoe Pie


Every other month for my office book club, we bring in food to share with everyone during our evening meetings. We try to theme the food with the book we read that month. This month we read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. I decided to bring in a Sweet Potato Pie, guessing that a Potato Peel Pie wouldn't be well received. I did a bit of research online and found this recipe to include each of the features people stated to be necessary ingredients for an amazing pie. I gave it my best shot and the results were amazing! I think I might like Sweet Potato Pie better than Pumpkin Pie! I even made up a batch whipped cream from scratch to top each slice. The pie was a big hit with the other members of book club; many even had two slices! I think I might make this pie for Thanksgiving this year... who knows, it might be the new tradition!
Sweet Potato Pie

1 comment:

  1. Were you even able to find any recipes for potatoe peel pie? I wonder what it would be like...

    ReplyDelete