Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Veggie Starts

Joel and I planted seeds in little containers the other day to get a head start on our vegetable garden. I thought it would be a group project, since Joel specifically asked for my help. So I went out the garage with him and we got all our supplies together. Then we sorted through the seed packets to see what could be planted early. Turns out it is mostly tomatoes, tomatillos, peppers, onions, and cucumbers. Joel said, (and this is nearly a direct quote) "I want to plant the tomatoes, the tomatillos, the peppers, and the onions; since those are my favorites." I realized that only left me the cucumbers. Don't get wrong, I love cucumbers. However, this only leaves me with about five minutes of work. Go figure.


So I got a glass of wine, my label maker, and some toothpicks. Why, you might ask. Well, the glass of wine is for me to enjoy while I sit and watch Joel plant our garden. The label maker and toothpicks are to make little signs so we know what is planted in each planter. So in the end, Joel got to plant his favorites and I got to do two of my favorite activities; drinking wine and organizing! A good day; a very good day.












They have to go in front of the deck door, because it the only place that gets tons of sunlight where I would allow a bunch of dirt to hang out. Jack loves it, he thinks it is his personal breakfast bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment