Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sloppy Joes

Last night Joel wanted Sloppy Joes for dinner. I was never very fond of them growing up, so I was nervous. I found this recipe online, and since we had all the ingredients I gave it shot. Joel loved it and I actually found I enjoy Sloppy Joes now. So I thought I would share it with you all. Enjoy

Sloppy Joes (from allrecipes.com)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper (I skipped this part, I hate peppers)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard (I used Grey Pupon, it was in the fridge)
3/4 cup ketchup
3 teaspoons brown sugar
salt to taste
ground pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
2. Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup and brown sugar; mix throughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

1 comment:

  1. Sloppy Joes are rockin'! :) I love them. It's a cheap meal and hearty! Win Win! Thanks for sharing your take on a recipe.

    ReplyDelete