Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm Adopting!

I decided that it was time again for another rabbit. Poor Jack needs a buddy to bond with, and it just so happens there is a bunny at the shelter that needs a home. So tomorrow after work, I am headed to the shelter to bring home my new baby, Sir Lancealop. I didn't pick that name, it is what the new bunny came with; it is pretty cute though!


The new bunny is an adult male. They are not sure exactly how old he is, but they are guessing that he is full grown. This means he should be about one year old. He appears to be a mix breed with lop being the main breed. He has these very cute floppy ears that stick straight out to the sides of his little bunny head! He is a beautiful grey color. Not a dull gray, but a bright gray with little spots of white and brown. He is very calm and relaxed most of the time. When I first saw him, he came running up to the front of his cage to be petted. He loves to lay on the laps of the caretakers at the shelter and to take naps in his cage. It will be a bit more work to bond two males, but it will work out in the end I think. Jack was very eager to bond with Katie, and he seems ready to find another friend. He has been getting used to Juno, a roommate's girlfriend's dog; but I know that he would rather have a bunny buddy.


Here is a picture of little Sir Lancealop

I can't wait to get my new baby home and situated. I have been storing up toys and boxes for him, so he will have some of his own. I am so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment