Monday, October 6, 2008

Any Tips?

I have a terrible habit of chewing on my fingernails. I think it has to do with stress and anxiety. When I get nervous about something, or am apprehensive about something, or thinking about something that I can't control; I just can't resist the urge to chew and pick on my fingers. I will rip the fingernails off down; often times past the quick. I will pick on the hangnails, and the little thing-ies of skin until they bleed. My fingers will be raw and painful for days. Then just when they grow out, I start the process all over again.

I hate this habit. I know how disgusting it is. I know how dirty nails are, how many germs are there. I hate how my fingers look. But I just can't stop.

Any Tips?

2 comments:

  1. Hey my Jess sorry no tips (I bite my fingernails) but, the part about dirty nails and germs just cracked me up. Reminded me of the Lord of the Rings movies with all the dirty fingers and how it grossed you out. :) Remember that one lady in billing and her fingernails (yikes) awe such memories. Those days will always make me smile. Beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about that polish that tasts bitter? Would that help you to stop the biting?

    ReplyDelete