Monday, August 25, 2008

Update...

I closed out my old apartment on Friday night, and hit up the Beav with Mark and Joel. I am now officially living out two vans. They are not near any rivers, but they might as well be.

All my stuff is crammed into two Chevy Express Vans not being used by company employees right now. I am living out of a box in my parent's basement. It's not too bad. I'm always on time for work, even though I get up five minutes before work starts. Dinner is always made for me, lots more TV channels to pick from, Julie is taking the place of my roommates for entertainment, Mom plays with Jack while I work, and the amount of gas I am using is next to none. It is a bit strange not to have anywhere to go. Before I would get off work and take off for home. But now I just walk back to the house, and try to find something to do. It is a bit strange, and I am looking forward to being back on my own.

Jack is learning how to run up and down staircases. When we let him into the living room that is all he wants to do. Up and down, up and down, up and down he goes. But when he tires of that, he darts underneath the furniture and finds all the tiny places he can cram himself under. It is pretty funny. Mom loves when he binkies. Last night, he binkied six times in a row. Now that is one happy bunny.

Now that I have access to a shop and tools, I am working on building myself a bookcase. I have designed it to be completely customizable. Each shelve is a unit in itself, and they have pegs that snap into another shelve unit, so I can make it four selves high, or two separate shelves of two high each or what ever I might find to work best. I made the selves varying heights too, so my tall books, photo albums, and sketch pads have a place to call home. I am pretty excited about my creation. I hope it turns out like what I am picturing in my head.

Joel bought me a guitar for my birthday and I am learning a song already. I have practiced my cords enough so my fingers are starting to stretch out. My finger tips are finally hard enough to play for an hour at a time. I would play so much when I first got it, that typing at work the next morning would be so painful. But finally I have hardened up my fingertips, and can now play for a long time. I am working on switching between notes fast enough. Right now, it is just pretty silly, but I can recognize what I am playing.

Well, that is about all that is new with me, well as least all that I can think of now. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment