Thursday, June 12, 2008

Who Am I Kidding?

Goodness, I was in a foul mood. I have a ton of friends. And they just so happened to all be in Bellingham last weekend and they all wanted to out on Saturday night. That was quite the night. Here is a breakdown...
  1. Work on car with boys, chase a wild rabbit, and buy fuel injector cleaner
  2. Hit up El Gitano for some beans and chips, some Cau, Sara, Aleks, Sato, Joel, and Jess time, and of course food
  3. Race home to clean up, shower up, pre-funk it up with Joel, Mark, Jenn, and Nichole
  4. Walk down to the Royal for some girl time with Jenn and Nichole
  5. Sneak over to the Beav to see what the boys are doing, and of course use a bathroom with no line
  6. Some how end up in the basement of the Royal, try to make Nichole pee in the sink down there, get caught, make up a story, and head back to the dance floor
  7. The Royal gets crashed by Jacob, Bob, Joey, and Shelly... DRAMA! ( I don't miss those days, I cope by drinking more)
  8. Back the house, find Bob and Jacob in an alley
  9. Punch out my living room window
  10. Crash into my bed and call it a night
  11. Breakfast at Denny's with three orders of hash browns and Moons over my Hammies
  12. Best part of all - Re-living it all at breakfast with the boys

I honestly think that is the best part of having a night out on the town, or a wild night of drinking. Sitting around, half hung over, with your partners in crime the next morning, eating breakfast and laughing over what took place only hours before. Figuring out what really happened, who did what, who said what, who was where, and all the shenanigans of being 23.

I still can't believe I punched out my own window. I didn't want to have to tell my parents, but I did. They just laughed at me. I was figuring that I was going to have to tell my landlord, cash in my renter's insurance and have the entire window replaced (which would have included extensive exterior and interior work... which I would have had to hide my rabbits for, since they are not supposed to be in existence). But really I just had to take the window pane out, take it down to Lyndale Glass, order up a new one which should be here tomorrow. Problem solved. No one knows. And life goes on.

I will just add this story to my growing list of stories. Anna and Robert were talking one day, and they were surprised to find their best friends are so similar. Both Travis and I are good story tellers, great friends, wild and carefree, spontaneous, and the life of the party. Travis and I have decided that since we will most likely end up being the Maid of Honor and the Best Man at the Birch Wedding, we aren't going to toast Anna and Robert, no we are going to roast them. How fun is that!! I am already gathering my material.

Life is good right now. Life is really good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment