Monday, May 5, 2008

French Fried Brains and Eggs

I am so tired. My body hurts, my brain hurts, my whole body seems to be on the border of falling of apart.

On Friday morning, I arrived home from North Carolina. Joel picked me up from the airport and dropped me back off at his place. I slept there for the rest of the day and then headed up to Bellingham later that night.

On Saturday morning at 6:30am I got up to get ready for a long day at the 2008 Tour of Remodeled Homes. This year we had two homes on the tour and our newly hired marketing company was coming to town. This was a great chance to share with Donna and Mary, our new marketing ladies, the work we do. I picked up Donna and Mary from their hotel, and took them out to the first home. They met with Charlie and Stuart, and then after a while I took them over to house number two. There they met Dave and saw another project we completed. Then I brought them back to the hotel, picked up lunch for everyone (including the Comcast guy) and headed back to help Dave out at house number two. Then once I finished up there, I met up with Joel and the boys. Justin was in town (he has been living in Alaska working in a mine using that Geology degree of his) and so was Mike (recovering from extensive chemo and stem cell treatments for his cancer). Mark, Mark, and Mark B's girlfriend came over and we were up until about 2am catching up and having fun.

On Sunday, it was back to Tour of Homes to show people around the home, to repeat myself over and over and over and over and over, to listen to retarded questions, judgements by people not in position to give them, all with a sappy smile on my face. But even after we closed up the doors for another successful year, it wasn't over yet. It was home to pick up Joel and then out to dinner with Donna and Mary. Even though the food was delicious and I did have a good time.

Then it was home, to say goodbye to a Joel that I hardly saw, and to bed so I can start another five days of work. Right off the bat this morning, Donna and Mary were at the office to talk more marketing with us. That lasted another five hours.

I am so tired. I don't want to talk about work anymore. I don't want to wear uncomfortable shoes. I don't want to wear suits anymore. I don't want to fake smile. I am tired of being passionate. I am so tired of it all. I think I need a day off. I need more than three glasses of wine. I need more than my bunny slippers and my heart blanket. I need a quiet place, Joel, and more wine.

Instead, I will finish my glass, I will put the bunnies to bed, I will brush my teeth, put on my pj's, and I will go to bed. Oh boy... I can't wait for it all to start over tomorrow. Yippee.

Please pardon my sarcasm. It must be the wine.

1 comment:

  1. Long weekend! But at least it sounds like you are doing something really valuable for your job!! Hope it slows down enough to give you a break!

    ReplyDelete